Are you engaged to an Australian resident or citizen? Do you plan to marry in Australia?
You might be eligible for a Prospective Marriage visa also known as the Fiance visa.
The Prospective Marriage visa is intended for the fiancé of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. It is a temporary visa which will enable you to enter Australia on the basis of your relationship with your partner
Who is eligible?
- You will need to be offshore when the application is lodged and also when a decision is ready to be made;
- You must have met your partner in person;
- You must be in a genuine and continuing relationship; and
- You must be of the opposite sex to your intended partner
- The wedding will need to take place within the 9 month validly of the visa.
What it lets you do.
This visa is only valid for a period of 9 months. You must enter Australia, marry your sponsor and apply for a partner visa before your visa expires.
If you hold a Prospective Marriage visa, you:
- are required to enter Australia before you marry your fiancé
- may work or study in Australia, however you will not receive government funding for study fees
- will have access to Australia’s health care scheme, however this is only valid if you are in Australia and you have applied for a partner visa
- may apply for a Partner visa, after you have married your fiancé
- may enter and leave Australia as many times as you like within 9 months of the visa being granted
Can I then apply for a permanent visa? Yes…
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 7226 2225 to book your initial consultation to learn about your eligibility for this visa pathway.