Would you like some help to apply for a visa to Australia? Are you trying to make sense of the multitude of information out there to work out what you need to do and how it all works? If you have tried to search online for information on Australian migration or visas, you would have discovered that the problem is not that there is no information available, but that there is too much!

Everyone Has An ‘Experience’

There is no shortage of ‘advice’ posted by others about what the visa rules are based on their own experiences. Keep in mind that anyone can post just about anything online these days, whether it is correct or not. You also need to consider that every case is different; we are all individuals with unique situations and characteristics and to simply follow the advice of what an unknown person online has said can be dangerous. If you do, you run the risk of having your application refused, whether that be because you do not meet visa requirements, or you have not provided all the required documents with your application. Having the correct information is key when it comes to migration, and you can only be assured of its reliability by accessing it from a reputable source.

Department Of Home Affairs Website Is Helpful But…

So how about the Department of Home Affairs (‘the Department’) website? This contains a lot of information on all things migration, and although this is accurate and correct, it is by and large simplified and tells you only the bare minimum about what you need to know. Relying on this information may be fine for more simple applications, such as a Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority visa (which, in most cases, requires only a valid passport to apply), but when it comes to more complex applications which require a more detailed analysis, the Department’s website is for the most part not going to be sufficient. In such instances, you need to take a more in-depth look at the regulations and migration policy that sit behind the legislation to gain a good understanding of how the rules apply to your particular situation. And if there are more complicated and less straight-forward issues that need to be addressed in your case, again, relying simply on the Department’s website may not give you all the information you need. To give yourself the best chance of a successful outcome, you should be searching wider and ensuring that you gain as much knowledge as you can from reputable sources that you can rely on. And that’s hard to know when simply searching online.

There Is So Much More ‘Information’ Available Online

And the information available online doesn’t end there; you’ll also find a plethora of migration agents marketing their services, and other organisations such as embassies and state agencies among the things that come up. How do you draw all of this data together and make sense of it all, or even know where to start?

This is where migration agent Aberfoyle Park comes in to help. Here, you can sort through the muddle by talking to a real person who knows what they are talking about.

But how can you be sure of this? What sets immigration agent Aberfoyle Park apart from all the other information out there?

Let’s take a look at how Registered Migration Agents (RMAs) operate in Australia.

What Is A Registered Migration Agent (RMA)?

To give immigration assistance in Australia, individuals must be registered.

Registered Migration Agents (RMAs) such as PAX Migration Australia are trained professionals who are regulated by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).

The Register of Migration Agents is an official register which lists all agents registered with the OMARA to provide immigration assistance. You can search the Register to find an agent. All PAX Migration Australian RMAs details can be accessed on the register by searching ‘pax migration’ under the ‘Business Name’ search.

How Can An RMA Help You?

RMAs are authorised to provide immigration advice and assistance, including help lodging a visa application and acting on their clients’ behalf in dealing with the Department. More specifically, RMAs can assist by:

  • Advising you of your visa options and recommending a suitable option for you based on your individual circumstances;
  • Prepare and lodge your visa application with the Department, including any associated documents; and
  • Contact the Department and other organisations to discuss or ask questions about your application.

What Requirements Must RMAs meet?

RMAs must meet strict minimum qualification and English language requirements to register and must apply for re-registration each year. They must demonstrate to the OMARA that they:

  • have sufficient knowledge of migration law and procedures;
  • are a person of integrity; and
  • are a fit and proper person to provide immigration assistance.

Continuing Professional Development (CPD)

As part of their ongoing registration requirements, RMAs must undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This ensures that the level of professionalism, knowledge and skills are continually improved. Given the complex and dynamic nature of migration legislation, RMAs need to keep their knowledge and skills up to date to provide the best outcome to their clients.

Professional Code Of Conduct

RMAs are also subject to a Code of Conduct, which they must follow in carrying out their work. It prescribes their obligations to their clients.

Where it is found that an RMA has failed to maintain professional standards and obligations (i.e. has breached the Code of Conduct), is not a person of integrity, or is not a fit and proper person to give immigration assistance, this can result in disciplinary action against the RMA.  The OMARA can issue a caution or suspend or cancel the RMAs registration. It can also bar an RMA from registering for a period of up to five years. Registration may only be reinstated after certain conditions are met by the RMA.

As you can see, the professional team of RMAs at PAX Migration Australia is regulated and subject to the highest of standards, with ongoing monitoring and re-registration required each year. You can rest assured that speaking with the team of highly trained and experienced RMAs at PAX Migration Australia means you will get accurate, and the the most up-to-date information and advice, tailored to your particular circumstances.

Get More Information

To learn more about why you should consider choosing PAX Migration Australia, what our clients have to say about us, and why obtaining expert advice and assistance from a migration agent Aberfoyle Park can be beneficial in achieving a positive result on your application, please refer to the following articles:

Selecting a migration agent in Australia

Should I use a migration agent or immigration lawyer for my application?

Migration Agent in Adelaide

Immigration Agent Adelaide

Migration Agent Australia

Best Migration Agent Adelaide

PAX Migration Adelaide

Migration Agent Elizabeth 

Migration Agent Glen Osmond

Migration Agent Hallett Cove

Migration Agent Kensington Park

Migration Agent Morphett Vale 

Migration Agent Oaklands Park

Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates and additional information.

Contact PAX Migration Australia to book a no-obligation consultation to find out more about how immigration agent Aberfoyle Park  can help you with your visa application.


Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs – OMARA


Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs – OMARA – Search For Registered Migration Agents


Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs – OMARA – Get help with a visa – Help from registered migration agents – How registered migration agents can help


Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs – OMARA – Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – Completing CPD to re-register – Overview


Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs – OMARA – Tools for registered agents – Code of conduct


Australian Government – Department of Home Affairs – OMARA – Get help with a visa – Help from registered migration agents – To complain about a registered agent – Steps to choose a registered migration agent